Skip to main content

A new beginning

More than a year whizzed past without me writing anything here.
When you're working for a company that does more than double the work in less than half the time that the client does it in and if the cient happens to be this uber-fast techie company that rolls out 8 million lines of code once every 2 weeks with almost 50K lines of code changing every week, time is a pricey quantity. It is a given !
But to get a chance to walk shoulder to shoulder with giants, ah ! other concerns vanish into obscurity.

I have a new plan. I guess one should plan things with the view that the world goes around in 8hr cycles and force oneself to get stuff done. 8 ? Why not 12 ? 8 is too less. I always aim to finish something faster than the target and finish on target. I tell A, give me 2 hrs and I'd be done with it and it might usually take 3. I used to do this every night in the initial days. "Here you go.. we'll sleep at 12. ", "1 O clock, surely" but the offshore calls would make it slip a bit always. But now I 'add the buffer' as they they during scoping times.

Anyway, for a long time I've been thinking that I'll get up in the mornings and write at least 152 words even if they don't mean anything.
[152 ?? See 'You've got mail'. And it adds up to 8 ;)]
I'm particularly attached to the number 8, not because I was born on 8, not because it can represent all the numbers and letters in the English Alphabet in the digital world, not because it symbolises infinity (tilt your head 90 degrees and look at eight), not because it represents Oxygen, not because it is connected to Music, (ah.. you see i've done some research on 8 ! yeah.. during my OCD college days) but because, many times things arnd me have added up to 8 and they've worked well for me. A, who actually knows Numerology and about all these things, keys in nature, I'd say, maintains that the number that is good for me or ppl with 8 is 4.
Well, I guess everyone goes about life, first seeking the patterns that they identify with intimately, second recognizing the pattern in all things around them and third fighting with their life to hold on to those. May be that's why we become less broad minded as we grow.

Now that I've blown the dust off my writing desk, I guess and hope I can come here often.
We must go to the forest, To seek a new beginning. Come, 'Turtles Run' (Apocalypto).

How do I make this a multiple of 152 ? I guess it's done !

Comments

Ash said…
The gammatria (value) of "Jesus" in Greek is 888 because the word "Jesus" in Greek is "iasous." Since each letter has a numeric equivalent, we can add up each number and get a value. (i = 10, a = 8, s = 200, o = 70,u = 400, s = 200.)

And you remember?

Eight is the number of new beginnings in the Biblical numerology!

Popular posts from this blog

The Other World

"Ankle deep, he waded through the bluebells. His spirit rose and exalted... as he breathed in the sun-drenched air. The glorious day was in its last decline. Long shadows lay on the sward... and from above the leaves dripped their shimmering drops of gold-green light. Moths and butterflies swarmed in merry hosts... flittering here, glimmering there. But, hush. Could that be a deer?" When we were searching for "Tess of d'Urbervilles" in the library memories rushed in, almost overwhelming me.  Memories of school days when I would look at a bookshelf and see different worlds, when Hercule Poirot and Dirk Pitt and Sherlock Holmes loomed larger than life, when the reality of life was less real than those in books,  when my sadness and happiness and mood changes did not depend on what happened in the life I was living but in the lives of characters that I was closely following,  when even though the only place I had been to, other than Bangalore, that too occasionally

Through the testing glass

Surprise ! Surprise !! There is none who surprises himself more than me ! Am I a nerd? Far from it. Did I answer the questions wrong ? Nope. P had a single word answer for all unanswerable-incomprehensible questions - "Whatever !" He never knew they’d oppose so greatly to it. They were his close pals. He knew they’d tell things only for his benefit. But he’d made the decision already. Him - “Guys, I’ve signed up for MS.” K - “MS, you ? Robbie, you must be doing an MBA dude. That suits you more.” N - “MS doesn’t make sense to you at all.” T maintained silence. ** lot of talk/arguments for the next 2 hrs ** They were not the first ones. A lot of people had told him in the past to do MBA. He used to wonder – do they perceive him as a dumb techie ? did he actually have ‘it’ in him to be an MBA – to manage people, projects, to lead ? ugh ! he’d rather sit in a corner, read a book or just do the task that he’s assigned with. How could people perceive him as a person different from

Makar Chudra – Maxim Gorky

With no offence to gypsies , the name reminds me of some below-the-belt curse in hindi or Malayalam or tamil . some bad name ! but that particular fact would make me not forget this name. it’s stuck to my mind. The story starts with Makar , an aged gypsy conversing with the author. It is dark , the wind is heavy , the campfire is blazing furiously ..yet Makar , smoking his huge pipe , was unfazed. It was as though these heavy conditions never affected him.(reminds me of Vikram-Betal stories of chandamama ! it was dark , the night was heavy , yet Vikram was unfazed. He climbed the tree , pulled the corpse out . as he started walking away with it , the corpse on his shoulder came to life !!!) . Makar is of the opinion that people are born to travel; that there is nothing better than traveling. “ A curious lot people are ; they herd together trampling on each other when there is so much of space-” . he asks why a man should be ploughing a field . “ A man who ploughs land pours his streng